Monday, November 21, 2011

I Must Be Crazy!!

From the time Will and I got married we agreed we only wanted two children! (I had grand plans of having twins- 1 boy and 1 girl so I could get it all out of the way at once! lol Talk about naieve!) Well, now we have two amazing little boys and I am so grateful that God has given me these little blessings. But, I've been coming more and more to the conclusion that I want another!

Its not so hard to understand why the Duggars have so many children. I  would gladly keep going and having children until I was officially cut off, but I am not nearly as patient as Michelle Duggar, nor are we financially able to afford that many children, especially with the military lifestyle! Could you imagine living in on post housing with even 8 kids?!?! I have friends who have 4 or 5 and its tight and they usually live off post just to have room for everyone! So, now I am working on getting my husband to agree to try for a third, and he's not putting up much of a fight! :)

I had a friend ask me today about us wanting a third, since she (as well as most our friends and family) knows we've always just wanted two. But, even after going through a deployment with "two under two" I have to say I want another. I figure that's the best indicator that I am not going to pass on this feeling!

So, we are currently looking to start trying again in about a year. It will give us about 3-5 months to get me pregnant before Will's next deployment. We are aiming for him missing most of the pregnancy and being home for the first year. (Since deployments are going down to 9 months!) We do know timing is everything and pretty much if I get pregnant any time other than the month he leaves then he will more than likely miss the birth, but we want him to be here for the first year! (And he wants to miss the pregnancy since I have reletively easy pregnancies other than the long lasting morning sickness and become mega-bitch!)

So, with this plan in mind, we have a year before we really have to decide if we are going to go for it and have number three. For now I will pray that God gives us the strength and wisdom to know what is right for our family!)

3 comments:

  1. I am so exited for you, if my situation was different I would have had a football team. Go for it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should!! I want you to have a girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol We'll see Steph. We have a yes days and our no days!

    ReplyDelete