Wednesday, April 18, 2012

All things Potty!

Well, we have some highly exciting news... We're having another baby!! Eek, what are we thinking having a third!?! The boys drive me nuts, especially with Will gone this month! I'll tell ya, I am glad he was deployed last year before James was mobile, because these boys have so much energy and never stop!

So with the advent of a third child into our family, I have decided we are switching James over to Cloth diapers and am going to fully cloth diaper the baby! I am having a blast getting all this fluff- its truly addicting! I am expecting the first 2 diapers today and am so stinkin' excited! I was really surprised at how willing to do it Will was, I figured it was going to be a hard sell, but he went over pretty quick! I did a lot of research, and thanks to friends' views and recommendations, and the wonderful series on YouTube, Cloth Diapering 101, I am pretty sure I have the basics down. Now its just finding what brand I like, and works best for us!

So, I am starting to stock up on pocket diapers for James and waiting until we know the sex before getting more for the baby! Yeah, when it gets older, it can wear James' since I think he'll be potty trained around 2! I swear James will be out of diapers before Keirnan!

As to that, Keirnan gets the point of the potty but just has no desire to go in the bathroom! I know he'll do it when he is ready, but its so frustrating! He loves sitting on the potty and jumping up saying all done! But he'll fight the minute I suggest we take his pants off! Oh well, all things come in time, and he has been slow in doing just about everything. Look at his walking, he didn't walk until he was 15+ months old, but when he did it, he did it right from the get go. Maybe that means one day he'll just run into the bathroom, do his business and diapers will be a thing of the past!! With my lack of patience, I really like that idea! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment