Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Back... with a gun post!

Well, after all, I do have an excess amount of boys in my life! And as we found out last month that Baby #3 is another boy, I just better get use to it! So, with that in mind, and a 3 year old who has a definite love of guns, I thought I'd do the big gun post!!

The past couple weeks has been crazy with hubby at Gunnery, but we did have a couple family events that allowed us to go out and visit him. A week ago we had a family BBQ and the boys loved seeing Daddy, "Daddy's soldiers," and "real guns." They were especially thrilled that the guys let them see the real guns and both boys got to hold Daddy's sidearm.

This past Saturday was family Day for the squadron, and we got to go out and not only let the boys play on the vehicles, but my husband's platoon was out on the range that day, so we got to actually watch them do a live fire. Though the firing point was a little bit away from us, we were at the base of the range tower and had an up front seat as the vehicles went out and came back in. The boys really liked watching the Bradleys drive past! So, that was the boys' fun for the week.

I've been struggling to find a good reference about how to teach such little guys about gun safety. Everything seemed geared to older children, but I don't want to wait. With an arsenal in our family, I want them to start learning now. Finally, this weekend my Mom found the perfect site. I like that the mom who made the website is a mom of multiple boys herself and therefore has the knowledge and humor that I can connect with. So, we'll be working with the boys on this starting immediately.

Next week hubby has leave so we'll be buckling down on the potty training for Keirnan, and maybe a trip to the gun range will be just the incentive he needs to finally get this! He turned 3 in May and has no interest in using the potty at all. Tomorrow he starts a 2 day a week preschool program and while they allow diapers, I'd like to get him out of them as soon as possible! (Plus, with baby 3 coming in under 4 months, I really don't want 3 in diapers!!!) So, I still need to talk to Will about it, but I am thinking it sounds like just the thing to get him motivated!

Well, its been a pretty good summer, and hopefully, I'll get back to the blogging thing. I'll try to remember to give an update in a couple weeks on how the potty training goes! And maybe later this week, a quickie on how the first 25 weeks of this pregnancy have gone. Here's a heads up: Owen likes to tease the OBs and has a very powerful kick!

No comments:

Post a Comment