Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am old!!

I remember when I was a kid, I thought 28 would mean I was a 'real' adult and make me old. I decided on this amazing age probably because it would be my age at my 10 year high school reunion! Who knows why I do anything, really?! Well, I have now been 28 for a whopping 2 months and a few days now, and boy was I right!!

I am old! Why, do you ask, do I think I am old? Well, it started with something happening this morning, I don't remember what, and my thinking "that will make an excellent blog topic!" I remember that happened three separate times today, but for the life of me I can't remember what the crap I wanted to share with everyone! Apparently, it was blog worthy at the time though. And I'm sure it will be again at 3am when I remember everything from the previous day while my son happily eats his midnight snack! But like a dream, when I wake up in the morning, I will once again be clueless as to what this amazing experience was!

People told me when I had kids my brain would just seep out my ears and fall to the ground. I think it more than likely got washed down the drain when I took my daily showers! As I was slowly losing the blond hair I grew up with, I apparently lost my mind also! I bet you don't hear that too often do you!? I got dumber as my hair got darker! But, its true and I did!

I now am told by other, more experienced mommies, that its "Mommy Brain" and very common. Well, ya think!? So this is my ramblings about how I don't remember what I wanted to share with everyone today.

But, since we're on the topic of my 10 year high school reunion... (You remember, we're on that topic, I mentioned it way up top!) I have to mention how a friend of mine from days long gone recently told me she never pictured me being the type to settle down and have a family, or to be a stay at home mom. Funny, I was always the mommy type, but I never did either. In high school, all my friends thought I should be a guidance counselor since they all came to me for advice, to vent, to mediate, etc. In college I was the "mom" of our group.

Dude, I remember!! Oh shit, now I forget! See this is how it works, my brain teases me. For a split second I remembered what it was I originally forgot!

So, anyway, back to what I was saying... I was the "mom" in college. Unless I was having a really bad day and decided to drink, I was always the DD. I was always the one to recognize a friend was having issues and force them to talk about it until they felt better. (part of that is I'm just nosy, but shh, don't tell!) I am a problem solver, I like to help people! Almost to the point where I need help! And, if you ask my friend Ashley, I even dressed like the mom. I've gotten better! (I am a lot like Kate Gosslin in that, my wardrobe has gotten better as the number of kids I have has grown!)

So, maybe back as a kid I wasn't the mother type, and I just didn't see the change because it was gradual. But, I did agree that I never pictured myself as a SAHM. I thought I would go stir crazy. Well, I keep busy and drag my boys everywhere so I don't! But, anyway, all this is just to say I was surprised when she made that comment. Because, even as a kid I knew I would one day grow up to marry a military man and be a mom, albeit a working one! I love my life, and though its nowhere near where I thought it would be, I love the course my life is taking! And I am proud to say I am an Army wife. Because, though its not the most defining part of who I am, it is the largest part of who I am!

So, those are my ramblings for the day. And they really are ramblings aren't they?! I don't do very good at staying on topic, hence ramblings! I also write like I talk. I used to have a lot of professors try to make me change that in college, but one actually loved my writing style. She said it was refreshing to read a paper that sounded like I was right there speaking to her! OK, see there I go again. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment