Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lost: My Butt! If Found, Please Return to owner!

So, I have been thinking most of this the past month or so, but it seems to be a very controversial view point, so if you start, please hear me out! I am fat- I am not obese, but I am fat! Yes, I know you are asking how a 5'4" female, who weighs in at 125lbs can be fat, but please hold all questions and comments to the end! Also, this is something I am putting here, because I can't really discuss it with many of my friends. I have a friend who has lost an amazing amount of weight by working out and eating right. While she may still have 40-50lbs on me, I know she can out run me, and out everything else me! Yet, she will still look at the two of us together and see me as the healthier person! (That is what is wrong with our society, its the pits!)

As you can tell, I have never had a problem admitting my weight. (even pregnant! Keirnan topped me out at 152, and James 148) I am proud that I am a small person. I am, however, not proud that I am a lazy person. Though, I have no problem admitting it! It is one of the things I hate most about myself!

So, James will be 6 months old next week! (Holy cow, time flies!) Well, I am back down to under my pre-pregnancy weight, but its all fat! I don't think I have any muscle beyond the bare minimums to function left in me! I do however have a decent amount of fat. My arms are small, but they flab when I wiggle them, what's left of my butt jiggles, and Keirnan has a fun new game that involves squeezing and wiggling my stomach flab! He thinks its great- me, not so much!

This is why I say I am fat, because everything on me is fat. And isn't that what qualifies a person as fat? I know I am not obese, and other than being jiggly and being about ready to call in the guard to find my missing rear end, I have a good self image. (In fact, overall, I like what I see in the mirror more now than I ever have before! Especially in my new jeans that seem to lift my thighs into the general vicinity of my butt and thus make it look like I have a rather cute one! Ah, the power of jeans!)

So, what all this tells me is apparently, though I didn't know it, I had one hell of a toned ass, since it is now MIA along with all the rest of my muscle, and that I really need to get into shape! So, Will's honey do list for R&R was very short- only 4 things! The top of that list was rearrange the family room to fit my elliptical in so I can be lazy in front of the TV! Now, isn't that the best idea?! I think so! Now, I just have to find time to get to use it! Since I am writing this tonight, maybe I'll try it out tomorrow while I watch my Thursday evening shows! See, told you I am lazy!

I am really looking forward to getting back in shape, and have been wanting to go to the gym, but with the boys, its a PITA. We do have a "Mommy Cardio Room," but its just cardio, with no room to do anything, like stretch! And since I have an elliptical at home, really what's the point!? So, I like to think, if Will were home I would be able to go for real in the evenings. It would give me some alone time and I'd get back in shape, but that can't happen for 6 more months! (BTW, we're half way through our deployment!!) And I really don't want to wait that long! So, my own elliptical it is. The goal is to tone myself back up, lose the wiggles and the jiggles, and either find, or replace my missing butt! I don't even mind gaining a few pounds in the process! After all, muscle weighs more than fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment