Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homecoming!! Aka Deployment Over!!

Well, we did it, we survived another deployment!! It has been such a wonderful day. The ceremony was at 11am and we were there with a friend of mine at 945. This was my first homecoming ceremony. Last deployment I was at Advance Camp (Warrior Forge) when Hubby's unit got home, so he elected to come home (to Germany) via the boat, getting in a month behind the main body. Time wise it made sense for us! Anyway, it was quit the experience to get to be there for it. Well, really it was nice having friends to talk to and the kids to watch play that last hour while we waited.

So, when we got there we were told to grab a seat in the floor seating section on the side. My first thought was "great, I'll never find him from the side/back!" BUT, how awesome is this, he ended up coming in and was right in front of us in formation! Not only did we get to watch him walk into the building and directly toward us, but then got to enjoy making faces at each other until the were dismissed! Thankfully, there were no long speeches or anything so it was all very quick!

My friend Kendra just started a photography business this past year and wanted to get experience in doing Homecomings and I needed someone to take photos for me, so we helped each other out and she got to watch her first homecoming ceremony! (Yes. She is a military wife also, but like me, circumstances have kept her from attending one before!) I am so excited to see the pictures!! She did the boys last pictures (Keirnan's 2 year and James' 6 month) and they were just amazing so I know these photos will be just as great! And anyone who really knows me will agree if not for having Kendra there, there would be no photos since I have an amazing talent for remembering to take my camera everywhere, but forgetting to use it! lol

The boys did great with Will from the get go! Keirnan was a little shy about it when I pointed Will out from our seats. He sat in his seat with feet dangling (so cute!) and just smiled a little unsure. But, when the guys were dismissed and Will started walking over I told Keirnan he could go get Daddy and he took off! Just like at R&R he gave Will the biggest hug and wouldn't let go for awhile! James did so well also. He went to Will right away and was happy to be held with brother and laugh at me making faces! He didn't even mind when he got squished between us in a hug!

So, after our hugs and waiting for it to clear out a bit so we could get the stroller back out the door, we loaded the boys up and drove across the parking lot to get Will's bags and give his special 'gift' to all his soldiers he could find. They were all very happy to receive a Bud and a shot of Gentleman Jack! (Jack for then, and the Bud to go!!)

Finally we got on our way and headed to Manhattan Chili's for lunch! Yum... The afternoon was spent at the train park for a little bit before heading home for naps! The evening has been a bit difficult as Will came home with a cold, and combined with the lack of sleep and his thrown off schedule, he isn't feeling so well tonight!

But, I have my other half safely home. So even sick, I'm thankful to have him. Especially since he came bearing gifts!! I now have a beautiful wool sweater from Ireland and the boys have Ireland rugby (I think) shirts!! My sweater is the good gift though, its just so pretty and I can't wait for it to get just a little colder so I can wear it! The company website is www.sweaters.org if you want to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment