Sunday, February 3, 2013

More than you can Handle... Bull!!!

There's this always heard, and often used saying, "God won't give you more than you can handle." I'm guilty of using it myself. Well, I recently read something that made me think and here is what I've come up with. It's a complete load of crap!

God will give you more than you can handle because he loves you and he wants you to lean on him and trust in him. When you reach a point where you just can't handle anymore, yet more is piled on, He is saying "trust in me."

So often as times get tough, we tend to shy away from God, to say "I've got this." We won't admit we have a problem, not to friends, not to family, and especially not to ourselves. We do everything we can to fix the bad in our lives, but so often we won't just hand it all over to God, to throw up our hands and say, "I'm done, you do it!" I say it to my husband often enough, especially after a very bad day with temperamental toddlers, but I rarely think to say "God, I need your help here." Maybe if I did I wouldn't have those types of days, and I would learn to once again have patience!

So, this year as the Army has my husband gone off and on multiple times, and therefore my boys go into the typical acting out that comes with Daddy leaving, I'm going to try to remember to hand it all over to God, to enjoy more of the little things, and play more with my boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment