Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rockin' Body to TurboFire

A year ago tomorrow I started Rockin' Body and found a love for the BeachBody programs. What a year its been too! In the one month I did Rockin' Body I met my goals and felt fabulous about myself afterwards. You can go back and read my end of the program post from Feb. 13, 2012.

Not long after finishing it, we got pregnant and I had every intention of keeping up the exercising through this past year. I knew I had lucked out on the first 2 pregnancies in not gaining a lot, but with getting in shape before this one I also knew I probably wouldn't be so lucky to lose a good 10lbs at the beginning! I was right. I gained 25-30 lbs this pregnancy as opposed to the 10 and 15lbs, respectively, for the first two!  I'm sure I wouldn't have gained so much weight if I hadn't been on and off pelvic rest this entire pregnancy also. I did manage to do two 5Ks this past year though! (St. Patty's Day and Fourth of July)

So, now I have a wonderful new wardrobe I need to get myself back into! At my 6 week postpartum appointment I was 132lbs, so I'll be using that as my starting weight since I don't have a scale in our house! My pre-pregnancy weight was 120lbs. and that's what I want to get back too. (I've already lost 20lbs since having Owen!)

I look forward to posting in 3 months how I've done with TurboFire!! Wish me luck! And if it goes well I'll add in running come the spring and the warmer weather! I would love to do more runs this year and maybe even get up to doing a half marathon. (Maybe I can talk Will into a Disney Run!)

No comments:

Post a Comment