Monday, May 9, 2011

Big Week!!

Yesterday was Mother's Day. I got lots of love from my boys and we went to the lake for a picnic with some friends. It was a beautiful day and Keirnan had a blast playing on the playground! He did skin his knee up, but was such a big boy about it! I guess its the first of many, I'm sure! For dinner I made a new chicken dish I wanted to try. It was easy and yummy, and Keirnan ate it!! What better present than one kid actually eating what I make, and the other coming off his growth spurt! (And thus letting me sleep!)

Tomorrow is a double special day, first up is our anniversary! We have been married 8 years! Wow, we are closing in on 10 pretty quick here! I am sad we won't be together for our day, but tonight we have a skype date and that will have to suffice until he comes home! Either way, I am proud that we have made it this far. There were so many who didn't think we would and each year we happily add to the count makes me so proud! My husband is my best friend, and when he isn't here, I am missing a part of me- the best part. What we have together is special, because I married my best friend!

Tomorrow is Keirnan's 2d birthday! I can't believe he will be 2! Boy, time flies! And sometimes I forget he is only 2! He is such an amazing little boy and I am so proud of the person he is developing into! Though he has his moments, and proves regularly that he has my temper! lol I love that little stinker with all my heart! We aren't doing anything special since we had his party while Will was home 2 weekends ago. It was a bit cool, but a pretty nice day at the park, and he had a great time on the train and playground with his friends! Everything turned out amazingly!!

Here is a general shot of the party! I took a regular "Happy Birthday" sign and printed off "Chuggington" pictures to put over the end and center pieces.

My own little engineer playing on the train they have right there in the park!


And this is the cake! It was super yummy! I got the edible icing picture from an Ebay store called OhToppers and the Commissary did the actual cake! I was in love with how it turned out!

I still need to get a picture of the gift bags, but they were blue and lime green paper bags with red and yellow tissue paper respectively, and a "Chuggington" picture on the front. I promise a picture will be coming eventually! :P


And Friday James will be 6 months old!! He started sitting up on his own right before Will left and has jut gotten better and better at it! He still over corrects and gets tired after a bit, both resulting in him falling over! But he really seems to love the new view!

No comments:

Post a Comment