Friday, June 7, 2013

Keirnan's 4th Birthday!!

Wow, I could have sworn I had done this. Oops! Well, better late than never, so here it is...

My little soldier finally had his "Bad Guy Birthday Party." His Army party was what I would consider a success. Keirnan had picked out months ago the theme for his party, and I had nothing more to do than make it happen. Ha, easier said than done!

First I started gathering all the cool basic party supplies from Walmart for the grand 'ol price of a dollar a package! Go me! Then it was time to figure out games and cake.

For the cake I decided to make camo cupcakes which I found on... you guessed it- Pinterest! They were surprisingly easy and a big hit! The recipe called for camo icing too, but seeing as the cupcakes were already so cute and it was a party of under 4 kids mostly, I decided to forego the icing.

For Christmas last year my parents got Will some grenade and Army symbol mold trays from a gun show that we finally used to make chocolates with. They fit so perfectly and we ended up putting them on the cupcakes!

Tell me those aren't awesome!! 

For games we had a tank piƱata and made an obstacle course. The course went through the swing set and sandbox, then across some tires we borrowed from a local auto shop and ended at the camo covered dog box where the kids had to fire the nerd gun at a target on the fence. All the kids had a great time and we just recently were allowed to take the obstacle course down!
Swing across the rope. Climb up the rope ladder and slide down into the sandbox on your belly. Low crawl out of the netting and then run through the tires. Go through the 'wire' and shoot the target.


As Keirnan's birthday is in May, we never know what the weather will be like here, but it was fabulous. (Thank God since we had no room for everyone inside!)

Anyway, that's the highlights of the birthday boys fabulous party! Next up is James' birthday in November. He's already decided it'll be a "cowboy birthday party!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow I'm really impressed!!! Pinterest is so fantastic for birthday party ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, such a great party love the obsticle course idea, and the cupcakes looked great xx

    ReplyDelete