Sunday, July 17, 2011

Potty Training Fun!

So, last year before James was born, Keirnan had started showing the first signs you look for to start potty training- he was telling me when he went in his diaper! And then, James came and Daddy deployed and he stopped telling me! I figured he'd start again within a couple months, but nope! 8 months later and he still isn't doing it! BUT, last night he did start something new!

First, we got him a potty and started introducing him to it back then since we thought he was heading down that road! So, his potty has patiently been waiting in my bathroom most of the past year! It's apparently a great seat while I go potty because God forbid I get any privacy! lol

Then, last night Keirnan pulled his pants off, ran upstairs holding himself and repeatedly saying pee pee, and I ran after him to his potty while carrying the computer because we were on Skype with Will!! So I took his diaper off and he sat on his potty, and sat, and sat, and sat! Nothing happened, but I was so proud that he thought to do it!

Tonight he did it again, and again he sat, and sat, and sat, etc. lol We even brought the potty downstairs with us and I let him run around naked for about an hour, but nothing happened! I am still so happy and proud that he is even doing this! I know its still a long way off, but its a good first step!

And I know I have to be patient, and really I am. Actually, I am worried about doing it because of various things:
1. Will comes home in about 3-4 months, I am figuring my luck will be that Keirnan starts to really be ready right before then and its going to set him back again!
2. How do I potty train him with James getting into everything!? lol
3. Do I have to potty train him!? I mean I really don't want him to grow up!! I don't mind the diapers most days!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment