Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Song Challenge Days 4-6

Yes, I am cheating and doing this much faster than the 30 days! I know I won't get a chance to do this every day, so I'm doing a little as I get a chance! lol

Day 04 - a song that makes you sad
This is another easy one for me. This is a song I associate with my sister. I always thought of it as my dad's song for her. I don't know if he thinks so too, but it fits! So, here is Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPj3GAYYZ0

Day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
This is another easy one, Trace Adkins' Arlington. Its a very beautiful and moving song in itself, it has extra meaning to those who've been blessed to have known one or more of the many heros burried there.  A very good friend from college died in Iraq on June 7, 2005. This too is a song that make me sad, but without fail, I think of 2LT John S. Vaughan. He was more than a friend, like a brother to me, in a time of my life that I needed him most. He always was there with a sholder to cry on and could make me laugh when I needed it most! I won't sit here and say we had an easy relationship, because we hated each other for almost 2 years too! But, its the friendship that developed that means so much! I miss you John!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGzuvmut3Hs

Day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
This song reminds me of going out on my grandparents boat as a child, (which I admit, there sadly aren't that many memories left!) all my scuba diving trips as a teenager, and how much I miss those easy days out on a boat enjoying the Gulf with my family and friends. So, here's to my own little piece of paradise via Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffet!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CDLHjvf-QU&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment