Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Hand in God's

I grew up in a Masonic family. As such, my childhood and teenage years are full of Rainbow memories. One of those memories is of one of our competitions, called God's Rainbow. It is a beautiful ceremony that includes a poem that runs through my head various times a week. It is something that I can recite by memory and often helps me in times where I feel like I am losing control of my life! For your viewing pleasure I give you:

My hand in God's

Each morning when I wake I say,
"I place my hand in God's today;"

I know He'll Walk close by my side
My every wandering step to guide.

He Leads me with the tenderest care
When paths are dark and I despair--

No need for me to understand
If I but hold fast to His Hand.

My hand in His! No surer way
to walk in safety through each day.

By His Great Bounty I am fed;
Warmed by His Love, and Comforted.

When at day's end I seek my rest
And realize how much I'm blessed,

My thanks pour out to Him; and then
I place my hand in God's again.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this. Stupid phone wouldnt pull up blogs! Its funny how closely our minds work :) Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete